Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tired of Studying . . .

Hence why I'm writing again. I've been listening to some blues piano tonight. I love the blues! They have really broadened my appreciation for so many decades and types of music, namely oldies and hard rock. Two genres that I never really cared for, but if you listen blues are in everything. Being a pianist myself, I like the blues because they fit my style. I'm not big on reading music. I'm more about playing what I'm feeling. I love the blues because they are versatile. They can be elegant like "Georgia on my Mind" or aggressive like . . . That's the problem, I don't know very many blues songs. The blues are very expressive. Luca Sestak. He's a 17-year-old kid from Austria, and the kid can flat out play. He is self-taught, and he's amazing! I just found my favorite vid of his so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJRjoC5iPs It's long, but watch it all. It's sooo good, and lots of fun.
I decided to try continuing my story. It's pretty close to bedtime though, so we'll see what I come up with.

I'm still debating though...does Regina know what happened in the Dark Forest or does the narrator need to tell relate this story? If Regina tells their story, it'll be a secondhand account, which means that inevitably, there will be some details missing. This could work out if I decide that I want the reader to discover the true story later on along with Regina. If the narrator tells the story, I can flesh out a lot more details...what the mother and father were thinking and feeling, what they saw, heard, and smelled, what they said. Motivations can be revealed. I'm realizing that what would make the most sense is if Regina was there in The Dark Forest. It needs to be a firsthand account, because she is exposing her mother and father, and her sister and her prince. It'll also be a more potent account to be told from the memory of a young girl. I'm going to have to re-read on some of the things that I've already written, and figure out where I need to revise plot points in regard to timeline issues. It is essential that Regina gives a firsthand account, but I have to figure out why mother and father are bringing their little girl into The Dark Forest.
I'm also trying to figure out if Regina should be the older sister or the younger sister.

I'm getting tired. Good night everyone!

© 2013 Ihaveadryfish.blogspot.com

I love you sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment