Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Princess and the Enuresis Part III (hopefully)

So, I'm pretty tired. This is about the time that I start winding down for the night. I'm trying to figure out where to go with the story next. I think it's coming...

My family wasn't spiteful as many peasants tend to be, but we were poor. Not poor like the stable hands. They can sleep in the barns. They can bathe in the feeding trough. They can even afford to buy a small loaf of bread for the week, sometimes even an apple or two! We were the kind of poor that justified a certain amount of savagery in order to survive. We had to resort to begging, to stealing, to deceiving, to injury, and even to death. Stealing is a daily affair in the life of a peasant. You don't steal, you don't eat. That's just how it is. Sure, some will beg, but it's much easier to steal. It's easier to take something that never belonged to you than to rely hopelessly on the kindness of strangers.

------------------------------------------To Be Continued--------------------------------------------------------------


© 2013 Ihaveadryfish.blogspot.com

I love you sweet heart!   

No comments:

Post a Comment